Medication Therapy Management Program
What is the Medication Therapy Management Program?
The Peoples Health Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program helps eligible members take care of their health through improved medication use. The program is a free service for eligible members.
Who is eligible?
Members are eligible for the program if they:
- Meet all of the following:
- Have three or more of the following health conditions: asthma, chronic heart failure, diabetes, high cholesterol or high triglycerides, or osteoporosis
- Are taking eight or more Medicare Part D-covered medications for treating one of the health conditions above
- Are likely to have annual costs for Medicare Part D-covered medications greater than the dollar limit set by Medicare
- Or are in a drug management program to help better manage and safely use medications, such as those for pain
Eligible members are automatically enrolled in the program but can leave or re-enroll in the program at any time. They are notified of their enrollment by letter and must meet eligibility requirements for the program from year to year. Peoples Health may focus on different medications or health conditions each year.
The MTM program has two parts: targeted medication reviews and a comprehensive medication review.
Targeted medication reviews
Targeted medication reviews are performed quarterly to review medication use, check unresolved medication issues, and find any problems with new medications the member is taking. All members in the MTM program automatically receive these reviews, which do not require the member to speak with anyone. A Peoples Health clinical representative conducts a review by using our medication records for the member. The representative may discuss the review results with the member’s doctor, who may contact the member to follow up on the results. Targeted reviews focus on drug use specific to program-defined health conditions.
comprehensive medication reviews
Download a blank medication list:
Members enrolled in the MTM program may also receive targeted educational materials on applicable chronic conditions.
For more information about the MTM program, call us toll-free at 1-877-369-1907, seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. TTY users should call 711. If you call on a weekend or holiday, we will reach out to you within one business day.
The MTM program is not considered a plan benefit.