Some Peoples Health plans offer additional benefits for people with both Medicare and Medicaid
If you have Medicare and get additional medical assistance from the state of Louisiana or Louisiana Medicaid, you could be getting even richer benefits than you’re getting now.
Special Needs Plans
Medicare uses the term “dual-eligible” for people who qualify for Medicare and Medicaid. Peoples Health offers dual-eligibles what Medicare calls “special needs plans.” Taken together, these are called Dual-Eligible Special Needs Plans (D-SNP).
Peoples Health special needs plans are available to anyone who has both Medicare and medical assistance from the state or Louisiana Medicaid. Some companies that offer these special needs plans require dual-eligibles to have full coverage from Medicaid to join the plan. Peoples Health special needs plans, however, are available to those with full Medicaid coverage as well as those who have partial Medicaid coverage (for example, Medicaid pays their Part B premium).
If you have Medicare and Medicaid, ask us about:
- Free comprehensive physical exams
- Free tests and screenings
- Free rides to doctors’ appointments*
- Free fitness center membership*
- Free meals after inpatient hospital stay
- Free over-the-counter health-related items up to $125 every quarter*
- Free respite care sessions for members with dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease*
- Free hearing services including hearing aids*
- Routine vision coverage*
- Routine dental coverage including dentures*
- Prescription drug coverage, including coverage for brand drugs
- A Peoples Health plan ID card that’s widely accepted and easy to use
*May not be available with all special needs plans
Questions about special needs plans?
For more information about our special needs plans, please call to speak with one of our plan representatives toll-free at 1-800-978-9765, seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. TTY users may call 711.