Enrollment Period Exceptions
Typically, you may enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan only during the annual enrollment period from October 15 through December 7 of each year. There are exceptions that may allow you to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan outside of this period.
- You have both Medicare and Medicaid or your state helps pay for your Medicare premiums.
- You get extra help paying for Medicare prescription drug coverage.
- You were enrolled in a special needs plan (SNP), but you have lost the special needs qualification required to be in that plan.
- You recently moved outside of the service area for your current plan or you recently moved and this plan is a new option for you.
- You no longer qualify for extra help paying for your Medicare prescription drugs.
Other reasons include…
- You are moving into, live in or recently moved out of a long-term care facility (for example, a nursing home or long-term care facility).
- You recently left a PACE program.
- You recently involuntarily lost your creditable prescription drug coverage (coverage as good as Medicare’s).
- You are leaving your employer or union coverage.
- You belong to a pharmacy assistance program provided by your state.
- Your plan is ending its contract with Medicare, or Medicare is ending its contract with your plan.
- You were recently released from incarceration.
- You recently returned to the United States after living permanently outside of the U.S.
- You recently obtained lawful presence status in the United States.
If one of these statements applies to you, please contact Peoples Health at 1-800-978-9765 (TTY users should call 711) to see if you are eligible to enroll. We are open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. If you contact us on a weekend or holiday, you may need to leave a message, but we will return your call within one business day.