Peoples Health administers the following Medicare Advantage health plans:
- Peoples Health Choices 65 #14 (HMO)
- Peoples Health Choices 65 #14 (HMO) for St. Tammany Parish
- Peoples Health Choices Gold (HMO)
- Peoples Health Choices Platinum #009 (HMO)
- Peoples Health Choices Premium (HMO)
- Peoples Health Choices Select (HMO)
- Peoples Health Secure Choice #011 (HMO SNP)
- Peoples Health Secure Health (HMO SNP)
- Peoples Health Group Medicare (HMO-POS)
- Peoples Health Group Medicare (HMO-POS) for Office of Group Benefits
With the assistance of Gilsbar, a third-party company, Peoples Health also administers the following commercial plan for Peoples Health employees and their dependents:
- PHN Employee Plan
Members of our plans can receive covered services from providers in their plan’s provider network. Those in our group and commercial plans may also access covered services out of network. To learn about the providers in each plan’s network, use our online provider search.
Contracting With Peoples Health
Providers interested in contracting with Peoples Health should complete a provider application.
Current Peoples Health network providers should email contracting questions or requests to email@example.com. We will direct your inquiry to the appropriate representative, who will contact you regarding your request. You can also contact your provider representative for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I completed the online application to join the Peoples Heath provider network but haven’t received a response. What should I do?Q: I want to submit an application to join the network, but I don’t have my Medicare number yet. Can I submit the application in the meantime?Q: Do I need to submit documentation when completing the online provider application?Q: I received a letter stating that my application was accepted. What happens now?Q: I received a letter stating that my application to join the network was denied. I don’t understand why. Can I speak with someone about it?Q: My application to join the network was denied. Can I reapply in the future?
A: You should have received a response within 30 days of submitting your application. If your application was submitted more than 30 days ago and you have not been contacted by phone or letter, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the contact name and provider type on the application.
A: Since we are not able to process your application without a Medicare number, you must wait until you are assigned a Medicare number before you submit an application. Our online provider application requires that you include this information.
Yes, you will need to submit a curriculum vitae for each provider at your practice or facility who is interested in contracting with Peoples Health. In addition, you will need to have several pieces of information handy to complete the form, including your Medicare and TIN numbers, as well as your Medicaid and CAQH numbers if applicable. Please review the instructions under the provider application link for all the information you will need.
A: A Peoples Health contracting specialist will contact you in the near future to deliver a contract for your review.
- If you accept the terms, you must sign the contract and return it to Peoples Health.
- We will then initiate the credentialing process, which takes up to 90 days.
- After successful credentialing, our board of directors and Quality, Policy and Credentialing Committee will meet to approve your contract and establish a date that you become effective in the network.
- Finally, your Peoples Health contracting specialist and provider representative will schedule a meeting with you to deliver your welcome packet and provide an orientation to the network.
A: Yes, please call 504-849-4500, 225-346-6380 or 1-800-631-8443 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. If your inquiry is about a physician application, ask to speak with our physician contracting manager. If your inquiry is about an ancillary or hospital facility application, ask to speak with our director of network development administration and ancillary contracting.
A: Yes, you may reapply after 12 months have passed.