Your Comprehensive Wellness Assessment
Your health is important to us and to your primary care physician. Together, we want to help you better manage it. One way we do that is to offer you a health evaluation at no cost through the Peoples Health Comprehensive Wellness Assessment Program. This assessment helps us understand your health needs and allows us to better work together to coordinate your care.
The assessment is part of our model of care, which surrounds you with a comprehensive care team and puts you at the center of your care to keep you active and informed about your health.
Who is eligible?
All Peoples Health plan members are eligible for a comprehensive wellness assessment.
- New plan members receive an assessment within the first 90 days of their enrollment.
- Depending on your health status (for example, if you have multiple chronic conditions), your primary care physician may suggest that you receive an assessment annually. You also have the option to request one each year. You can do so by contacting Member Services.
- Peoples Health special needs plan members receive an assessment every year they are enrolled in a special need plan.
What are the benefits?
The comprehensive wellness assessment is a no-cost benefit for you—you pay no copay or coinsurance for it. It’s a chance for you to meet one-on-one with a licensed, qualified and fully trained nurse practitioner, who will collect important information about your health status. During the assessment:
You may also invite a family member or friend to be with you for the assessment.
Where does the assessment happen?
We want you to have your comprehensive wellness assessment in a way that is most convenient to you. That’s why we work with you to help you choose the best option. For instance, you may be able to receive it:
- At a Peoples Health Service Center
- At your primary care physician’s office
- In your home
At some locations, such as a Peoples Health Service Center, other healthcare professionals (such as a social worker and clinical pharmacist) may assist in your assessment. No matter where you decide to have it, there is no cost to you. It takes about an hour or a little longer to complete. The assessment is personalized for you, so the length of time depends on the detail of your medical history and the special topics and questions we discuss with you.
Peoples Health and your primary care physician each get a summary of your assessment.
Why is the assessment important?
Our goal is to help you understand and manage your health. The comprehensive wellness assessment helps you:
- Understand your medications and which ones you need to take
- Understand any chronic conditions you may have
- Learn about preventive steps you can take
- Set personal health goals
- Get to know your Peoples Health care team
The assessment does not replace any appointments you have scheduled with your doctors or the care you receive from your doctors. We also want to make it easier for you to provide information that Peoples Health and your primary care physician need to know about your health to coordinate your care. Your primary care physician can use the information you share to develop and monitor your care plan.