Programs and Events: Senior Health Series
Senior Health Series
Knowledge is power when it comes to your health, and Peoples Health invites you to learn more with free Senior Health Series presentations. Join us for a variety of topics on healthy living, disease prevention, nutrition and mental health. These presentations are for educational purposes only, and no Peoples Health plan-specific benefits or details will be discussed.
If you live in the Baton Rouge or the New Orleans metropolitan area, here is a sample of some of the interesting topics and discussions you're invited to particpate in.
- Digestive Health - There are many causes for chronic or severe stomach pain. Learn several steps you can take to help control this pain and improve your digestive health.
- Heart Health and Nutrition - Heart failure affects millions of Americans. Learn how to make smart food choices as an important first step to controlling this condition.
- Osteoporosis - Osteoporosis, or thinning bones, causes bones to break more easily. Learn ways to slow the rate of bone loss and lessen the impact of osteoporosis.
- Protect Your Sight - Eye disease affects millions of Americans. Learning how to recognize the symptoms of eye disease and taking steps to correct your vision early can help protect your eyesight.
- What You Should Know About Stroke - A stroke can affect a person’s physical movements, memory, behaviors and communication skills. While some factors that increase the risk for stroke cannot be changed, you can learn steps to help protect against this condition.
- And so many more ...
Visit the Programs and Events section under the myHealth tab on this website to find Senior Health Series presentations offered in your area.
To reserve your place, or for more information, please call toll-free (866) 220-0418, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Telephone device for the hearing impaired users may call 711, seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.