Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Medicare Health Questionnaire
If you receive a Medicare Health Questionnaire in the mail and are a member of Peoples Health Secure Choice (HMO SNP) or Peoples Health Secure Health (HMO SNP), you can complete your survey online by clicking on the link below and logging in with your Peoples Health member number.
Identity Theft and Tax Fraud Scam
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has issued a fraud alert regarding identity theft and tax fraud scams that use the stolen identities of Medicare beneficiaries. A person’s name, Social Security number, birth date and address are stolen, and used to file false electronic tax returns (for example, through TurboTax) in order to obtain fraudulent tax refunds. Victims are unaware of this scam until they try filing their taxes and their filing is rejected.
Please be assured, the personal information of Peoples Health plan members has not been compromised. Peoples Health is alerting members of this scam to create awareness. Here are some tips to help keep your personal information safe:
- A good rule of thumb is to protect your Social Security and credit card numbers, date of birth, and address information.
- Consider carrying the minimum number of documents and cards each day. Store your important documents in a safety deposit box or home safe and shred old receipts, mail and unused credit card offers.
- Do not give out your personal information unless you initiate the contact or know who you are dealing with.
- Keep an eye on your account statements and report suspicious or unauthorized activity immediately.
- Protect your mail by dropping off bill payments at your nearest post office rather than leaving them in your mailbox.
- Email scams have also grown in number recently. Don’t open email links from anyone you don’t know, even if the email claims personal accounts are about to be closed. When in doubt, contact the company or financial institution by phone.
- Additionally, never agree to receive money transfers from anyone in return for a fee.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Member Services toll-free at
. Member Services representatives are available to answer your calls seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. If you contact us on a weekend or holiday, you may need to leave a message, but we will return your call within one business day. TTY users should call 711.
As a member of a Peoples Health Medicare health plan, you are our priority. Our commitment is to take care of your health. This means much more than ensuring you have access to healthcare providers. It's about providing you with the resources and tools you need to manage and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Our member newsletters are filled with important information about maintaining a healthy and happy lifestyle by staying fit and managing your health. You will also find updates about Peoples Health sponsored community events. Consider our newsletters your "connection" to all things healthy!
Additionally, you will also find information about our Senior Health Series. These events are open to all Peoples Health plan members and to the community. They are led by Peoples Health providers—the doctors who treat you and understand your unique healthcare needs. The seminars provide important information to keep you informed on a variety of health and wellness topics.