About Peoples Health
Community Programs: Peoples Health Wellness
Programs & Centers
Peoples Health Wellness
Programs & Centers
Knowledge is power when it comes to your health, and Peoples Health invites you to learn more with free Peoples Health Wellness Programs & Centers presentations. Join us for a variety of topics on healthy living, disease prevention, nutrition and lifestyle, as well as fitness classes and healthy cooking demonstrations. These presentations are for educational purposes only, and no Peoples Health plan-specific benefits or details will be discussed.
If you live in the Baton Rouge or the New Orleans metropolitan area, here is a sample of some of the interesting topics and discussions you're invited to participate in.
- Digestive Health - There are many causes for chronic or severe stomach pain. Learn several steps you can take to help control this pain and improve your digestive health.
- Heart Health and Nutrition - Heart failure affects millions of Americans. Learn how to make smart food choices as an important first step to controlling this condition.
- Osteoporosis - Osteoporosis, or thinning bones, causes bones to break more easily. Learn ways to slow the rate of bone loss and lessen the impact of osteoporosis.
- Protect Your Sight - Eye disease affects millions of Americans. Learning how to recognize the symptoms of eye disease and taking steps to correct your vision early can help protect your eyesight.
- What You Should Know About Stroke - A stroke can affect a person’s physical movements, memory, behaviors and communication skills. While some factors that increase the risk for stroke cannot be changed, you can learn steps to help protect against this condition.
- And so many more ...
To reserve your place, or for more information, please call toll-free 1-866-220-0418, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. TTY users may call 711, seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.